Installation Instructions for Hot Fix R76008
64-bit Enabled AIX
Hot fix R76008 addresses the issue(s) in SAS Management Console 9.4_M2 on 64-bit Enabled AIX as documented
in the Issue(s) Addressed section of the hot fix download page:
The hot fix downloaded, R76008pt.zip, contains the updated files required to address
the documented issues.
Do NOT extract the contents of R76008pt.zip. The hot fix installation process will extract
the contents as needed.
You must have SAS Management Console 9.4_M2 installed on your system before applying this hot fix.
Refer to SN-35968 for instructions on how to determine which product releases you have installed.
Files delivered in this hot fix will be backed up during the installation process.
However, it is good general practice to back up your system before applying updates
You must have Administrator Privileges on your CLIENT or SERVER machine.
All currently active SAS sessions, daemons, spawners and servers must be terminated
before applying this hot fix.
- This hot fix should be installed using the same userid who performed the initial
The application of this hotfix includes Cross Site Request Forgery (CSRF) protection by default in the SAS installation.
Manual steps are required in order to enable and configure CSRF protection. Reference
SAS Note 55044 for more details.
Please see the OWASP Cross Site Request Forgery page for more information on this type of software attack:
The R76008 hot fix for SAS Management Console 9.4_M2 will be installed using the SAS Deployment Manager.
By default, the SAS Deployment Manager will search in the <SASHOME>/InstallMisc/HotFixes/New directory for hot
fixes to be applied, but will also prompt for a location if you have downloaded hot fixes to a different
After downloading R76008pt.zip, follow the instructions for applying hot fixes in the
SAS Deployment Wizard and SAS Deployment Manager 9.4: User's Guide.
The content of this hot fix is listed in the hot fix manifest.
In order to pick up changes in the SAS Management Console resource templates, you must perform
the following additional steps:
• Log into SAS Management Console as an unrestricted administrator (such as sasadm@saspw)
• Run an ad hoc metadata server backup as documented in SAS Metadata Server Backup Tasks
• In the Plug-ins tab, expand the Environment Management folder
• Expand the Metadata Manager plug-in
• Right-click on Active Server and choose Upgrade Metadata
• Click Yes at the prompt
• Click OK
• Metadata Manager ->Resource Templates
• On right, hold down Ctrl and select SAS Data in HDFS Library and Hadoop Server, then RMB Delete.
• On left, RMB on Resource Templates folder and select Add Resource Templates, accept Typical and select Next.
• Expand Libraries, High Performance Analytics, select SAS Data in HDFS Library
• Expand Servers, Cloud Servers, and select Hadoop Servers, Next, Finish.
This completes the installation of hot fix R76008 on 64-bit Enabled AIX.
Copyright 2015 SAS Institute Inc. All Rights Reserved.