Installation Instructions for Hot Fix V11030
64-bit Enabled AIX
Hot fix V11030 addresses the issue(s) in SAS Management Console 9.4_M3 on 64-bit Enabled AIX as documented
in the Issue(s) Addressed section of the hot fix download page:
The hot fix downloaded, V11030pt.zip, contains the updated files required to address
the documented issues.
Do NOT extract the contents of V11030pt.zip. The hot fix installation process will extract
the contents as needed.
You must have SAS Management Console 9.4_M3 installed on your system before applying this hot fix.
Refer to SN-35968 for instructions on how to determine which product releases you have installed.
Files delivered in this hot fix will be backed up during the installation process.
However, it is good general practice to back up your system before applying updates
You must have Administrator Privileges on your CLIENT or SERVER machine.
All currently active SAS sessions, daemons, spawners and servers must be terminated
before applying this hot fix.
- This hot fix should be installed using the same userid who performed the initial
CONFIGURATION: No automatic configuration scripting is required for this hot fix. If you have previously configured software installed,
the SAS Deployment Manager may present a screen where you will see "Apply SAS Hot Fixes" and "Configure SAS Hot Fixes" options.
On this screen, you must ensure that the "Configure SAS Hot Fix" option is *not* selected. If this option is automatically
selected, please de-select it prior to proceeding with the SAS Deployment Manager Screens. Failure to do so could have unintended
consequences when applying this hot fix.
The V11030 hot fix for SAS Management Console 9.4_M3 will be installed using the SAS Deployment Manager.
By default, the SAS Deployment Manager will search in the <SASHOME>/InstallMisc/HotFixes/New directory for hot
fixes to be applied, but will also prompt for a location if you have downloaded hot fixes to a different
After downloading V11030pt.zip, follow the instructions for applying hot fixes in the
SAS Deployment Wizard and SAS Deployment Manager 9.4: User's Guide.
Please review the CONFIGURATION Important Note above concerning proper selection of the "Configure SAS Hot Fix" option in the SAS Deployment Manager.
The content of this hot fix is listed in the hot fix manifest.
SAS Security Updates
The following instruction applies only for environments running SAS 9.4 M6 or earlier:
SAS Security Updates are applied during the initial installation of your software. In order to maintain the latest level of security
offered by SAS, security updates should be applied and/or re-applied after any changes to your software, including installation of hot fixes.
The current SAS Security Updates for all releases of SAS are available at
Please re-apply security updates in accordance with the SAS Security Updates and Hot Fixes document available on the SAS Security Updates web page.
Add Metadata support for SAS/ACCESS® Interface to Amazon Redshift(Optional)
This step is optional, and only necessary if you will be using SAS/ACCESS® Interface to Amazon Redshift and need to enable metedata support., as described in SAS Note 58270.
These steps only need to be performed one time per installation
Back up your metadata server. See Backing Up and Recovering the SAS Metadata Server in the SAS 9.4 Intelligence Platform: System Administration Guide.
Add the RedShift Library and Server templates to metadata (if they are not already installed):
- Launch SAS Management Console and login as an administrator or unrestricted user
- On the Plugins tab, expand Metadata Manager.
- Select the Resource Templates folder under Metadata Manager. On the right panel, select the Name column to sort the list of
installed templates. Scroll through the list and confirm that Redshift Library and Redshift Server are in the list.
If they are already installed, skip to #3.
- Right-click the Resource Templates folder and select Add Resource Template… to open the Add Resource Template wizard
- In the wizard, select Typical and then click Next
- Expand Libraries > Database Data then select the Redshift Library template
- Expand Servers > Database Servers, then hold down the shift key and select the Redshift Server template.
Both the Library and Server should be highlighted. Click Next
- Confirm that both the Redshift Library and Redshift Server appear in the list of templates to be installed, then click Finish.
Run the Upgrade Metadata utility. To do so, go to the Plug-ins tab of SAS Management Console and select Environment Management Metadata Manager Active Server.
Then right-click the Active Server node, and select Upgrade Metadata.
Updates to “templates”are provided in this hotfix. The Upgrade Metadata steps below will surface this functionality.
1. Start SAS Management Console
2. Connect to the Metadata Server as the unrestricted user (sasadm)
3. Click on the Plug-ins tab
4. Expand Metadata Manager
5. Before upgrading the metadata, run a Metadata Backup from the Metadata Utilities folder in this plug-in
6. Once the backup is complete, click on the Active Server
7. Right Mouse Button and click Upgrade Metadata
8. Click Yes to run the upgrade
9. Once the upgrade has been completed, the additional library template will be available under the Server Manager plug-in
Specifying JVM Options
It is necessary to specify additional JVM options for this hotfix.
Add the option below to the existing JVM settings .
-Dsas.retry.internal.url=true and -Dsas.web.html.cdps.use.internal.urls=true
Specifying JVM Options,
for more details.
NOTE: The SAS Web Application Server must be restarted for the change to take effect.
This completes the installation of hot fix V11030 on 64-bit Enabled AIX.
Copyright 2021 SAS Institute Inc. All Rights Reserved.