Installation Instructions for Hot Fix U73004
64-bit Enabled Solaris
Hot fix U73004 addresses the issue(s) in SAS Business Data Network Mid-Tier 3.1 on 64-bit Enabled Solaris as documented
in the Issue(s) Addressed section of the hot fix download page:
The hot fix downloaded, U73004pt.zip, contains the updated files required to address
the documented issues.
Do NOT extract the contents of U73004pt.zip. The hot fix installation process will extract
the contents as needed.
You must have SAS Business Data Network Mid-Tier 3.1 installed on your system before applying this hot fix.
Refer to SN-35968 for instructions on how to determine which product releases you have installed.
Files delivered in this hot fix will be backed up during the installation process.
However, it is good general practice to back up your system before applying updates
You must have Administrator Privileges on your CLIENT or SERVER machine.
All currently active SAS sessions, daemons, spawners and servers must be terminated
before applying this hot fix.
- This hot fix should be installed using the same userid who performed the initial
The U73004 hot fix for SAS Business Data Network Mid-Tier 3.1 will be installed using the SAS Deployment Manager.
By default, the SAS Deployment Manager will search in the <SASHOME>/InstallMisc/HotFixes/New directory for hot
fixes to be applied, but will also prompt for a location if you have downloaded hot fixes to a different
Note: During the hot fix installation process, be sure to deselect the 'Configure SAS hot fix' check box when prompted.
After downloading U73004pt.zip, follow the instructions for applying hot fixes in the
SAS Deployment Wizard and SAS Deployment Manager 9.4: User's Guide.
The content of this hot fix is listed in the hot fix manifest.
This hot fix requires post-installation steps.
- Update the web application deployed to your application server:
Follow the steps documented in the rebuild_redeploy_webapp doc to update and deploy sas.svcs.dm.businessdata3.1.war in the SAS Business Data Network 3.1 webapp.
- Redeploy the workflow files from Workflow Studio:
If the workflows have not been deployed yet, the steps to deploy them for the first time are here.
If they have been deployed already, then a few extra steps are needed:
- follow steps 1-3 in the linked document above (start Workflow Studio; log on as an administrative user; create a tag named "BusinessData")
- Right-click on the workflow you want to redeploy, and select Check Out; then close the Manage Templates dialog.
- Close the workflow view that was automatically shown for the checked-out workflow.
- Use the File > Open action to open the new version of the workflow (typically located at SASHome\SASBusinessDataNetworkMidTier\3.1\Config\workflows.)
- Navigate to Save to Repository under Server. Select the Activate check box and click OK to deploy the workflow. (same as step 5 in the link above)
- Repeat steps 2 through 5 for each workflow you want to redeploy.
- Perform VACUUM / FULL of SAS Data Management Data Server database (PostGres)
- Logon to the SAS Data Management Data Server using pgAdmin
- Start pgAdmin
Note : if you don't have pgAdmin installed you can download it from
- Check if a server is defined pointing to port 10442. If so logon to this
If not, do:
- File --> Add Server
- Fill out
Name : SAS Data Management Data Server
Host : <hostname>
Port : 10442 (default port)
Username : dmowner (default user)
Password : <password>
- Click "OK"
- Navigate to "Databases" --> "dmbdndb"
- RMB "dmbdndb" --> Choose "Maintenance"
- Check "VACUUM" and "Full"
- Click "OK"
This completes the installation of hot fix U73004 on 64-bit Enabled Solaris.
Copyright 2016 SAS Institute Inc. All Rights Reserved.