Installation Instructions for Hot Fix E3V007
Windows for x64
Hot fix E3V007 addresses the issue(s) in SAS Web Application Server 9.45 on Windows for x64 as documented
in the Issue(s) Addressed section of the hot fix download page:
The hot fix downloaded, E3V007pt.zip, contains the updated files required to address
the documented issues.
Do NOT extract the contents of E3V007pt.zip. The hot fix installation process will extract
the contents as needed.
You must have SAS Web Application Server 9.45 installed on your system before applying this hot fix.
Refer to SN-35968 for instructions on how to determine which product releases you have installed.
Files delivered in this hot fix will be backed up during the installation process.
However, it is good general practice to back up your system before applying updates
You must have Administrator Privileges on your CLIENT or SERVER machine.
All currently active SAS sessions, daemons, spawners and servers must be terminated
before applying this hot fix.
- This hot fix should be installed using the same userid who performed the initial
CONFIGURATION: No automatic configuration scripting is included for this hot fix. If you have previously configured software installed,
the SAS Deployment Manager may present a screen where you will see "Apply SAS Hot Fixes" and "Configure SAS Hot Fixes" options.
On this screen, you must ensure that the "Configure SAS Hot Fix" option is *not* selected. If this option is automatically
selected, please de-select it prior to proceeding with the SAS Deployment Manager Screens. Failure to do so could have unintended
consequences when applying this hot fix.
If you have run tcServer hot fix E3V006 or later, you can ignore the "PRE-INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS"
and "POST-INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS" installation instructions.
After applying this hotfix, if you use the SDM or SDW function to this environment, please see
SAS Note 66841
"Instances of SAS Web Application Server fail to start after you apply Hot Fix E3V006 and later".
- Set the JAVA_HOME system variable to <SASHome>/SASPrivateJavaRuntimeEnvironment/9.4/jre
- Decode and save internal passwords from each instance of tc Server.
- Locate the encoded passwords which are stored in the catalina.properties file located in
<config-dir>/LevX/Web/WebAppServer/SASServerX_Y/conf/; look for the values provided for properties pw.sas.*
- Do not include "tcEnc://" in the <encoded-password> string. "tcEnc://" is the prefix, not part of the password.
- For each encoded password, run the following command:
"<SASHome>\SASWebApplicationServer\9.4\tcruntime-admin.bat" encode --decode <encoded-password> !St@tS!
- Store these passwords somewhere safe, making sure to note which instance of tc Server each one corresponds to.
The E3V007 hot fix for SAS Web Application Server 9.45 will be installed using the SAS Deployment Manager.
By default, the SAS Deployment Manager will search in the <SASHOME>\InstallMisc\HotFixes\New directory for hot
fixes to be applied, but will also prompt for a location if you have downloaded hot fixes to a different
After downloading E3V007pt.zip, follow the instructions for applying hot fixes in the
SAS Deployment Wizard and SAS Deployment Manager 9.4: User's Guide.
Please review the CONFIGURATION Important Note above concerning proper selection of the "Configure SAS Hot Fix" option in the SAS Deployment Manager.
The content of this hot fix is listed in the hot fix manifest.
- Encode the passwords that were saved in the pre-installation instructions. To do this, change directory to the <SASHome>\SASWebApplicationServer\9.4\ directory
and run the following command for each password:
<SASHome>/SASPrivateJavaRuntimeEnvironment/9.4/jre/bin/java -cp ":lib/*"
com.springsource.tcserver.security.PropertyDecoder -encode '!St@tS!' <plaintext password>
- This command will generate the encoded password as its output. Issue the command once for every password instance, regardless of whether
or not the plaintext value of the passwords were the same
- Place the encoded password into the corresponding catalina.properties file, as noted in the pre-installation instructions, and change
the value of the encoding prefix from tcEnc:// to pbkdf2://
- It is important to keep in mind that pbkdf2:// is the prefix, not part of the password.
This completes the installation of hot fix E3V007 on Windows for x64.
Copyright 2020 SAS Institute Inc. All Rights Reserved.